Sunday, March 7, 2010

Off Track and Okay

I am feeling much better about my exercise issues. I didn't like falling behind on the Couch to 5K, but the comments I got on SparkPeople made me feel better. I kept feeling the pressure to 'make up' what I had missed and 'catch up' on my schedule, but last night I was exhausted and gave myself permission to lay off the exercise until I'm not coughing so much.

It made me a little nervous, because I had missed exercising and we had gone out for dinner (first time since I re-started Spark) and I was thinking, "here it comes, I'm going to go back to my old habits, going out to eat, not counting calories, not exercising."

But I only ate 3 chips/salsa and I didn't order cheese dip, and I drank water, and yesterday I stocked up on some more healthy food. I didn't 'fall off the bandwagon!' I am keeping within my calorie range and I will start back exercising this week when I feel better.

I have to learn that it's not all-or-nothing. I think I'm doing what I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment