Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Plotting and Planning

Did not exercise yesterday. I was disappointed, but I felt achy all over and my body hurt. I was complaining to Joe about it and saying that I didn't know what was wrong with me and he insisted it was still the bug we had earlier. Last night was the first time since last Monday he has been hungry, and he said he still aches all over. I hope to be better today and get some exercise in - my next mini goal is in a few days!

So, the Wet Dog Triathlon is out. There is another one that looks like more fun, but it is a couple of hours away. It is called the Mountain Lakes Triathlon and it looks lovely. My only concern is it is a lot longer than the Wet Dog. 600 yard swim, 16.2 mile bike, and a 3 mile run. The run is along Lake Guntersville, and there is a post-event party at the pool, and it is very family friendly. I just don't know if I can make those distances. I need to set up a training schedule and find a pool!

I looked at last year's results. The slowest time reported for the 600 yard swim was 28:53. The slowest time for the bike ride was 1:29:08, and the slowest for the run was 51:45. I already know I can do a 3.2 mile run in 45:04, so I am not too worried about the run as long as I stick to my couch to 5k running. I need to build up my endurance so I can do it after swimming and biking! I have no idea what I can swim or bike. The slowest race time reported was 2:48:56. I figure if I can beat each of the slowest times for each part of the event and make sure my total is under that 2:48, I should be okay. The goal is to finish before the event planners stop timing people!

No comments:

Post a Comment