Monday, April 26, 2010

Training Starts Today

After doing so well the end of last week, I did hardly anything Friday and Saturday. Sunday I played a little basketball, but didn't bike like I had planned. We had some unexpected company and I had to work on the dragonfly.

I found some sprint triathlon training schedules online and I really like two of them. I think I am going to shoot for the one that is about 3-4 hours a week (the other one is about 2-3). They kind of line up with each other, so if I have a busy day, I can do the shorter version.

Week 1 (starting today) looks like this:

Monday: 12 min. swim / 24 min. bike
Tuesday: 12 min. run
Wednesday: 16 min. swim / 32 min. bike
Thursday: 16 min. run
Friday: 20 min. swim / 44 min. bike
Saturday: off
Sunday: 20 min. run

I know I can run 12 minutes, so this looks like a good starting point for me. I have an unfinished dragonfly due this afternoon, so hopefully I can get it done before 7:00 and get to the pool. I really hope I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment