Sunday, May 16, 2010

What's Been Going On

Good morning!

I was shocked to see how long it had been since I posted. I think I am feeling both discouraged and a bit guilty, and I think that has caused some avoidance of SP.

I have made some decisions. I have put off the triathlon training until school is out (two more weeks). The last few weeks of school are very busy, and I was missing my family. I have to leave the house to bike and swim, and between that and yoga there were some nights where I left as soon as Joe got home and by the time I returned, both he and Miss Priss were in bed. If I put off the training until school is out, I won't have to sacrifice family time. I am still biking, swimming, and running, but not according to my training schedule. I will go back to it in two weeks.

I also have to start counting calories again. I am letting calories sneak in, mostly in social situations. I am hovering around the 200 mark. I weighed in Monday at 198, but Friday I was 200. I am going to pretend Friday didn't exist and keep going. If I weigh in next Friday over 198, I'll change my counter. So I have a week to get those 2 lbs. gone again.

I had dropped off with the C25K when I started the triathlon training. Since I put off the training for a couple of weeks, I have picked the C25K back up. I can do it at home on the treadmill while my daughter plays on the other exercise equipment, so we are 'working out' together and we both have fun. I still haven't completed the 20 min. run, but I am up to 15 minutes at a slow pace, so I will get there. Maybe it's a good thing that I put the training on hold - now I can focus a little more on the running, which is a very weak area for me. Wait, who am I kidding? All athletic areas are very weak areas for me! But I will get there.

I changed some of my goals. At 200, instead of the Wii game, I got a bike rack for the car. I am also saving up to get a pair of Vibram Five Fingers shoes. I may not be able to wait for 180 lbs. to get a haircut - I am looking pretty shaggy.

I had originally posted these goals, along with rewards for every 20 lbs. I lost:
Goals:
* Begin the couch to 5k program next week
* Take the 5k route through my neighborhood the next day it is warm enough so I can see how long it takes
* Go hiking on our next trip to Gatlinburg
* Run in a 5k by the end of June
* Get a helmet so I can go biking as soon as my bike is fixed
* Add strength training to my regular exercise routine by the end of March

I have completed all of these except the hiking in Gatlinburg, which I will do Memorial Day weekend. So I need some new goals! I know that one will be:
*Finish the Mountain Lakes Triathlon, even if they have stopped timing by the time I finish

My dry erase board on the refrigerator is empty except for one goal. I need some new ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment