Sunday, February 28, 2010

It Took Almost an Hour, but I Did It!

I did Week 1 Day 3 of Couch to 5K today, and outside for the first time instead of on a treadmill. I think using the treadmill is causing me to go slower - I normally get 2.0 km in 1/2 hr. on the treadmill and I did over 2.6 outside in 1/2 hour. Plus some slight inclines. I kept walking after I was done, and managed to do 5k in 55 minutes. I walked around for a few more minutes to get in a full hour. I was surprised that my body could do it!

Which makes me wonder - when you enter a 5k, how long do they give you to finish? I was surprised when I realized I made it in under an hour, but disappointed when I figured out that I only went about 3.4 miles per hour on average for the whole hour.

It was so beautiful outside, and the hour went by much faster than even 1/2 hour on the treadmill seems to. I can't wait for spring so I can get out more. I said hi to several people in the neighborhood, gave one man directions, and laughed with another lady when I ran by her fence and her dogs startled me and made me squeal. I felt good. It was still hard to do, but only physically - not so much mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment